This past year was a big one for VAX, technology-wise. Not only did we totally redesign our booking engine and the overall look and feel of the rest of our site, we launched The Compass, our editorial section with content written exclusively for travel agents. We also launched our Industry Calendar, which puts all the important events that are relevant to you in one spot on VAX. We created an education page dedicated to new agents – new to the industry or new to VAX, it works for both. And a few months after introducing The Compass, we added the ability for you to comment on our articles, giving you the chance to share your insight on a topic and start connecting with your peers on VAX.
We’ve laid out a little more detail below on the biggest enhancements we’ve made to VAX in 2018, making it truly the travel marketplace where you can earn, learn and grow your business.
The Overall VAX Site
- The login process was streamlined with one less step for you to log in.
- We implemented a modernized, wider screen for a high quality viewing experience.
- Suggested content tailored to your VAX experience appears throughout to site based on what's most important to you.
- We added an overall site search, making it easier for you to find the content you’re looking for, like information about destinations, suppliers, featured articles and more.
- It's important to remember that the site search only searches content on VAX (for example, if you are looking for an Aruba promotion or an article on Cancun). It cannot be used to search for vacation package components – that type of search still needs to be done using the reservation tool.
The VAX Home Page
- Use the arrows on the rotating banners to view the latest features, offers and promotions.
- Advisories, This Week on VAX and webinar opportunities are now located on the right side of the page.
- The Compass section, located in the right column, provides you with the travel industry content and insights you need to grow as an agent.
The Main Navigation Bar
- As opposed to a home icon, you now click on the VAX logo to go back to the home page.
- Each section has been simplified to feature just a few categories so it's easier for you to navigate and doesn't take up a lot of your screen space.
- Don't see your preferred supplier, destination or what you're looking for? Just click on the main category or destination and be directed to the entire list of suppliers and destinations. Or use the site search!
- The Education tab is now broken down into three categories: Supplier Training & Education, VAX Training & Education and New Agent Education.
- The Compass tab is now home to useful travel resources, specialty travel, the industry calendar and the industry-leading travel-agent-only editorial resource: The Compass.
The Education Bar
Agents both new and experienced with VAX will have an easier time finding the exact training they need in these three categories:
- Supplier Training & Education – Supplier training for agents has been simplified and shortened up so it's easier to find live and on-demand supplier webinars, along with suppliers' immersion programs.
- VAX Training & Education – Our training content has been simplified and revamped to provide a better learning experience for you.
- New Agent Education – This is our page dedicated to agents new to VAX or new to the industry. It’s full of helpful links and resources, plus a cool video!
The Compass — An Agent's True North
The Compass is the modern travel agent's home base, full of industry content created exclusively for you to help grow your business. Explore new articles and daily featured content to help you stay in the know with the latest travel trends, plus get helpful insights from industry leaders.
The Compass is your daily destination to stay updated in these featured categories:
- Agent Development – Explore topics in business development, engagement strategies, best practices and host agency information.
- Destinations – Find the latest vacation hotspots along with tips & recommendations from agents. Learn about tour operators, hotels, cruise lines and more.
- Around the Industry – Stay in-the-know with content straight from the industry, interviews with some of the biggest names in travel and information on events and announcements from your favorite travel brands.
- Travel Inspiration – Discover that never-been-done-before experience to entice your clients to somewhere or do something new.
The new year will bring even more exciting things. New suppliers, new functionality and even more ways for you to grow your travel business.