Travel insights from David Pritchard, health & performance coach at Apple Leisure

Finding Your Personal Wellness

What’s my definition of personal wellness? Anything that helps me reset myself, I consider to be wellness. To me that can be achieved by a workout at the gym, a walk in the woods, cooking good food, reading a book, connecting with a good friend or even writing this content. Wellness can be found everyday where you least expect it. Open yourself up to discovering it and it will enhance everything that you do.

Everyday Wellness Tips

  1. Choose stairs over the elevator, take wellness walks during your day (15-minute leisure walks) and stretch hourly.
  2. Eat really good food most of the time. It doesn’t have to be perfect but aim for 80 over 20 meaning eat well 80 percent of the time and spend the rest, 20 percent, splurging. Definitely watch those carbs at night.
  3. Take time to disconnect and as my daughter Gabriella tells me, “I need some me time”. I love that! Whether it be in your car before you go into work or at night before you go to sleep, it’s important to have time to yourself, to center and recalibrate every day. Practice this technique: breathe in for five seconds (deep belly breath) and breathe out for three seconds and repeat five times.
  4. Hydrate, don’t forget to drink your water!

About the Author

David Pritchard, health and performance coach, comes from 20+ years of health and wellness experiences. With multiple degrees in Exercise Science and Nutrition and several National recognized certifications, he has had the privilege to work with Fortune 500 companies, executives, and professional and Olympic athletes. David has been a part of the Travel Industry for the last 15 years teaching travel agents, industry leaders, companies and hosting wellness retreats all over the world. While working with individuals and groups, he focuses on all facets of exercise, nutrition and motivational programs by helping create Health & Fitness Powered lifestyles. David has a passion for travel and also a passion to help people live their best life!

You May Also Like

The Big 3 – Tips for Business Wellness

Without question, wellness is a key focus for many small business owners today. In a recent study by The Global Wellness Institute, they uncovered significant, diverse and positive implications when a company is perceived to “care” about an employee’s personal wellness, and extremely negative outcom

5 Destinations for Wellness Around the World

Something every traveler deserves is a little relaxation. Call it wellness, me time or self-care; these destinations are the perfect spots to recharge your batteries. 1. Swedish spas View this post on Instagram En heldag här med @sannamaria_ 🙏 A post shared by Charlotta Nitsche (@charlottan

Spring Renewal

Spring time is one of my favorite times of the year. It’s a time for new beginnings and to renew your health and lifestyle. I encourage you to join me on making fresh starts and renewing your personal wellness journey. Here are seven things to renew this season that I believe can bring anyone lookin

Travel Agents Are Planning for a Successful 2018 – Here’s What They Are Saying

Looking for some inspiration for the new year? See what your fellow VAX agents set for their 2018 business resolutions: Double my bookings on VAX and get at least 1 corporate account. Book more honeymoons and engage more with my clients. Book more fabulous vacations with VAX! Tap into the health an


comments

1000 characters remaining
Comment as: